CLAIRTON SPORTSMEN’S CLUB GENERAL RANGE SAFETY RULES
1. Except for Club sponsored activities or events, all members and guests must sign the off hours sign in book located on the Clubhouse porch and pay the required fees.
2. Hunting or Trapping is not permitted on Club property.
3. Weapons must be used on designated ranges ONLY.
4. All range specific rules apply.
5. Members are directly responsible for their guests and their actions.
6. Members must possess a valid Club membership card and present it upon request.
7. Eye and Ear protection is required on any active shooting range for shooters and non- shooters alike. Archery is exempt from this requirement.
8. SAFE FIREARMS HANDLING RULES TO LIVE BY:
a. Treat every gun as if it were loaded (It’s always the “unloaded” gun that “accidentally went off”.)
b. Never point at anything except your intended target. (BB, air, and pellet-guns count too.)
c. If you have a malfunction, direct the muzzle toward the ground in front of the firing line and call for a CEASE FIRE.
d. Keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard unless firing.
e. Always be sure of your backstop. Know your target and what is beyond.
9. Horseplay will not be tolerated on the Club grounds.
10. Failure to follow any and all Club rules will result in disciplinary action.
11. Shooting hours on any range are 9 AM until dusk. Some exceptions apply.